Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, May 10, 2018

A toning bowl

When we were improvising some music the other day at our women's ritual, someone said, did anyone bring a drum? No, all the musicians hadn't this time.

But I popped up and said, we have a drum! And I pulled the trash can liner out of the plastic tall trash can, turned it on it's end (it was fortunately white so looked nice and clean) and gave that to the woman sitting next to me, who had asked for a drum.

Ah ha, I said, and joined her beating upon my cardboard clay box which had carried Aphrodite to the program.  I am the mother of invention (and someone else stole my name!)


And then I asked could a toning bowl be of any use? And with a yes, I went to my car and brought in the green shiny bowl that I'd picked up at the studio where it had just come out of the glaze kiln.




I love how big round bowls make such a nice tone.  We didn't have a wood mallet, so a handle from a rattle was just fine. It didn't respond to rolling the wood around the edge, but it was great to strike gently and hear it's lilting note.  It kind of sounded like the bell on a buoy in the ocean.  Nice theme with Aphrodite I thought.


1 comment:

  1. Mother of invention, indeed! And the green bowl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...