Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, April 6, 2018

Black and white bowl - loosening up

A thrown and altered bowl, with 3 legs added.

The base glaze was matt black, then the rim details were dipped in satin white

The pieces added around the rim were actually trimmed off the rim, then just stuck onto it in loopy streams. I'm trying to get looser in my throwing.

The two glazes tended to pool in the small indentations, so I went back over them with a brush, and that added to the blending of the two glazes.  I kind of like it.

Today's Quote:

“Hear me, my chiefs; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.”

Nez Perce Chief Joseph surrendered to U.S. Cavalry troops at Bear’s Paw, Montana, in 1877, after leading 300 members of his tribe on a 1,000-mile trek in an attempt to escape to Canada instead of being forced to resettle on barren land in Oklahoma. 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...