Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The pelican chase!

After eating fresh catch seafood while sitting by the bay, I wanted to see some pelicans.  Several (I think I counted to 5) had flown by in the time we were eating.  But my son and girlfriend knew just where to satisfy this desire!


A charter fishing boat had docked at a marina, and there they were waiting for dinner!


A few other birds gathered as well, while fish were weighed and cleaned...and look below the dock!

A pod of pelicans waiting for the fish trimmings!  (I looked up the venery term for a group of pelicans!)

 Some of these pelicans had 6 foot wingspans, though not many were interested in flying.

There were sometimes arguments over entrails!  As you can see, seagulls didn't bother coming by with these delightful monsters.

 A more snazzy fishing boat at the same marina.


A beautiful egret didn't mind our presence at all, I think we left before he did.

PS...here's the last half of my lunch!


Today's quote:


Although we have been made to believe that if we let go we will end up with nothing, life reveals just the opposite: that letting go is the real path to freedom.
Sogyal Rinpoche


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...