Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, February 19, 2018

Me and the ducks and...

Flying south for the winter...or at least for a few days.
The end of February has always been the most depressing part of wintertime. We had rain and the temperatures which had broken records for heat had just gone back down again...on the day I boarded a plane, and most of the trip my window seat showed the tops of the clouds below.  Then...ah, there's a ground below and sun shining on it!

Asheville is served by a low cost airline, which flies non-stop to the vacinity where one of my sons lives...and he gave me a late Christmas present!

Seeing the Tampa skyline across the bay was wonderful!


The Courney Campbell Causeway links Tampa with the Pinealas County side of Tampa Bay, and Hillsborough Bay.

 About to land in St. Pete, and having smiles all over my face to see that greenish blue water!

An uneventful short flight, without any plane changes.  This woman liked it VERY much.


I lugged my various breathing treatment devices in my baggage, and it wasn't a very long wait to pick it up at the St. Petersburg FL airport.

 I didn't get to see more of this bi-plane in the baggage claim  area, and unfortunately I won't be going this way when I return in a few days.  So I don't know much about it, but it did catch my eye, while most people were oblivious to it.

I'm such a happy duck!



3 comments:

  1. Perfect timing for a wonderful present! Enjoy the sun and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos from the air of one of my favorite cities! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...