Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, January 1, 2018

Where I went, what I did in 2017

Hooker Falls in Dupont State Forest
Balsam Spring on side of Mt. Mitchell in April


Mardi Gras party at UUCSV


A favorite place for walking meditation


 
My daily lunch site (M-F) and sometime-walking-path around Lake Tomahawk 

Short and sweet visit with my son Russ, here at Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah National Forest, September


 Lake Tomahawk!
A day trip to Judacula Rock - ancient symbols are not identified yet.
Set-up shelves for Art by the Tracks outdoor pottery show May 2017. (We canceled our booth in Oct. due to rainy weather, thank heavens!)

I brought my first red and yellow sunflowers I grew, to friends who were selling pottery at the Tailgate Market.

Mud Buddies booth selling their pottery, Pat, Bette, Cathy and Marsha
One  of my raised beds at Carver Center gardens - here some red sunflowers are growing like crazy
Sweet potato harvest, just 2 plants and 4 months brought a pretty lame collection but they tasted good
How many times a year do I drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway? At least once each season!


I love how weather changes outside the Lakeview Center for Active Aging, where I captured these fun mountain clouds, and sunflowers!

I'm always out taking pictures in the spring, here some cherry blossoms by Lake Tomahawk
I captured some of the early spring "Greening of the Mountains" near Craggy Gardens on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Helen coming out of a shop in Brevard NC on one of our day trips

Fun for all who competed in the Ugly Sweater Contest at Christmastime - me on far right in sweater I knitted that makes anyone look like a football player.

Every day twice a day, I sit for 30 minutes and do breathing treatments with a nebulizer...yep, that's part of "what I did in 2017"


A sweet honoring of ancestors in an altar I designed for the ritual for Inanna's Daughters at UUCSV

Looking/waiting for solar eclipse Aug 21

The TV coverage was much better than the cloudy skies where I was.

My favorite view, taken off the internet

A lonely 75th birthday, but received some nice flowers.
Holly Jolly fun and sales Dec 1
Appalachian Potters Market, Marion, NC Dec 2 - My display about 4th back on r side, with white tablecloth, next to woman with white top and black slacks in the aisle (kind of under the basketball backboard)
April climbed ramp to great overlook at Mt. Mitchell, tallest mountain east of Mississippi
In Nov. I kitty-sat for this shy guy and his sister at a friend's house

A ritual for Winter Solstice, Dec 21
A healing and thoughtful wish as we each lit a candle, at my friend Linda's house. My little clay statue is dancing beside the gifts and candles 

 Our first snow Dec 12, 2017, was 9 inches!

I was also dealing with my health this year, more than in the past years.  So it is for the ones of us who can now be called the elders.  It was a very good year, except for politics, and my health.

2 comments:

  1. Here’s to a Happy New Year 🎆🎈🎊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara ! It's a rather fetching Sweater IMHO !
    My Best Wishes To You + Yours for 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...