Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Cold, colder.


Looking along the sluice toward the little fountain in the middle of Lake Tomahawk about noon mid December.


 A cold front, a line of clouds, is coming down from the north where Mt. Mitchell is behind the Severn Sisters mountains above Lake Tomahawk.

And when I zoom my phone camera I can see the patches of white snow still from the 12th of Dec., up on the leftmost peak, near where the Blue Ridge Parkway crosses.

Then there was New Year's eve, and the Asheville area got zapped with an afternoon freezing fog, with many accidents on roads that suddenly had black ice covering them.  Many events got canceled due to the icy roads and people being stranded behind accidents for hours...not a happy end of the year. (I didn't go out to take pictures!)


 8 am on Jan 1, 2018 only some wheelchair tracks on the snow and ice.

8 am view of snow, light covering, over ice Jan 1.

Jan 1, 2018, 11:15 am,  same view as above, the snow and ice have started to melt in the sunshine. But cars are still covered with ice. By the time I went out at noon, I just had icicles hanging around my car, but the roads were still icy where the sun didn't hit them. News casters said salt was being spread, which would melt the ice until it got cold again that night.



Today's Quote:

If we begin to get in touch with whatever we feel with some kind of kindness, our protective shells will melt, and we'll find that more areas of our lives are workable.
Pema Chodron
 


2 comments:

  1. next week we're supposed to get a reprieve from the cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Asheville when that freezing fog hit. Fortunately my car is 4WD but even so I had to creep along at 10 to 20 MPH all the way to Weaverville. There the roads were better, thank goodness, but it was kinda scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...