Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Photos of a photographer!

Don't we love cameras?
And photos of photographers?

1943 Movie camera had taken a pic of my father holding a brownie to take a still pic, shielding it from the sun. Man with the hat is my grandfather, Poppy.  I've taken some stills from the old home movies, by playing them on the TV...awful image, but at least recognizable.

A short sweet visit by my son, Russ led to this shot of us taking each other's photo at the same time
...and some other's of him with camera

Here come old and new photos for Sepia Saturday this week!





When a man goes on vacation, he likes to take pictures. Russ in the summer of 2017.
I never see the results.  What does he do with them anyway?


Thanks to his wife for using her cell phone and posting these photos of a photographer!

A bit of red velvet Nikon anyone?  A celebratory camera, I'd say!

And a very old one (which has been posted before) from my family albums...



Either my father or uncle bent over a camera in 1936 while others change the tire!  Picture was probably taken by my mother, who was waiting somewhere on high ground with my grandmother.

Happy birthday to my first cousin, Patricia Rogers!  

Today's quote:

Darkness deserves gratitude. It is the alleluia point at which we learn to understand that all growth does not take place in the sunlight.
Joan Chittister
 

8 comments:

  1. great post and photos, red velvet cake, yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last photo--both for the image itself and the border that has the name of the e photo company in the corners of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Super Set! Today's photographers only worry about battery life and flashdrive cards. No film cans to mess with, no lens or shutter speeds to adjust. Just point and shoot a thousand images. And they hardly ever print photos, much less add clever borders with hidden logos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I too have had to resort to screen shots of old Super 8 film; it was the only way to get photos of my daughter’s 5th birthday! No idea why we didn’t take ordinary photos as well. Lovely photos of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where was the lovely shot with the waterfall taken?

    When I saw that Nikon cake with the very oxygenated blood inside I couldn't help but think of the photographer Weegee.

    A flat tire in a river bed? A picnic gone bad? Interesting shot with great potential for stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterfall is called Looking Glass Falls, in Pisgah National Forest.

      Delete
  6. Great photos of family photographers! Particularly like the tire-changing vignette at the end. My dad was always around with a camera in similar situations from the time he was a teenager. Will have to get out some of those photos for future Sepia Saturday posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...