Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, November 10, 2017

From form to color


I've made another tree goddess.  As a bisque form I put some ink wash on her, so there was something besides the pink tones, and she played Hecate's stand-in for a ritual last week, wearing autumn leaves and a scarf to bring out the mood.


There's a new tree goddess in the studio.  She's top shelf.  Has lots of glazes on her...chocolate brown, black oxide to show the cracks, palest pinks and whites on "human" parts (face and feet)...nutmeg and eggshell too.  What will she look like when finished in the kiln?






 Well, I can accept the way she looks, though the colors were a big surprise actually.  That's the way of glazes!

Happy birthday to ancestor: John Moss Jr, 1682–1755
Birth 10 NOVEMBER 1682 • Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut colony. 
Death 14 MARCH 1755 • Wallingford, New Haven County, Conn

In my mother's line, my 8th great grandfather (or maybe more or less numbers of great, I'm not really sure.) father of John Moss, grandfather of Eliz Moss Booth, wife of Corp. Isaac Booth, who fought in the Revolutionary War

Today's quote:


It is possible to come into such profound alignment with the moral and spiritual axis of the universe that every moment of your life is a walk in grace, and that you know without any doubt that you are in the right place at the right time. Craig Hamilton

4 comments:

  1. amazing goddess, dh birthday is today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who dh is, but happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment about the coloration...the golden yellowish color in upper tree area is bare clay! I kept wondering how it got there, but somehow I missed glazing a lot of it! I like it's leafy tones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...