Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, October 13, 2017

"We shall see"

That's what I say each time I wait for something to come out of firing.

Disappointment about several pieces that just came out of the kiln.  Oh well, more bowls for my cat.

I don't show you these usually. The construction is ok, (not always!) but the glazes from our studio have variations that mean sometimes they are too thin, or too thick, or some of the colorant has changed.  You know how it goes.

This is the one simple bowl with which I'm satisfied.  It's basically a pet food bowl, flat and sort of heavy bottom so it won't go scooting across the floor too much.  Then again, it is great for baking a pot pie in as well!
Of course you know baking in hand crafted pottery (while oven safe, it's not "ovenware clay usually) you need to put the dish with food in it in a cold oven, not a preheated one.

I used our celadon glaze over a reclaimed speckled brownstone clay.  Then dipped the edge into satin white glaze.  I like that the throwing marks show inside and out.

OK, this is my second least disappointing one.  Same clay, and Floating Blue glaze, with the same treatment on the edge.  Same size also!


I'll be happy to sell these for $10.

Today's Quote:
“The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.”   Neil deGrasse Tyson

My own quote: Friday the 13th is my lucky day, if there is such a thing. I tend to think we make our own luck.  But I'm always grateful for any windfall that might come my way!

2 comments:

  1. These both look lovely to me. It'd be a happy cat, dining off those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! My kittehs feel cheated that their bowls are generic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...