Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Multicolored vase

 Joseph may have had a coat of many colors, but this vase rivals it I'm sure.  It's exterior is painted with every color (except black or white) of my Stroke & Coat glazes.  What fun!

The interior is a contrasting stillness of celadon green.

When I was a kid playing with crayons I enjoyed using as many colors over each other as I could...to see what would happen.  This vase says about the same thing.  Porcelain clay. Fired cone 5-6.

Today's Quote:
Mason Weems invented the famous story about George Washington cutting down his father's cherry tree with a hatchet, and then admitting that it was made-up. Weems included that story in his mostly fictional biography The Life and Memorable Actions of George Washington (1800)... the public loved Weems' works. The Life of Washington, for decades, outsold every book in the United States except the Bible.
Writer's Almanac by Garrison Keilor

1 comment:

  1. all the colors really works on this vase; I once grew a rose in California called Joseph's Coat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...