Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Repost of more Swasey ancestors

I have so many other branches of my family to explore, looking for the earliest matriarchs that are listed in Ancestry on my trees. (repost from March 18, 2015 on "When I was 69.")

I continue to chase the ones from my father's mother's (5) Ada Swasey Rogers) family first.  Then there are my father's father's - oh my.  They go back a LOT further! (remembering my numerical system starts with my grandchildren as generation (1).

Yesterday I left the various branches of the Swasey's and Bowers, ending up with 9) Joseph Swasey who married 9) Mary Bowers. in 1744  Their son was 8) Jerathmel Bowers Swasey; b. 10 May 1752 in Somerset, Bristol, Massachusetts; d. 4 Feb 1826 in Somerset, Bristol, Massachusetts.

8) Jerathmel Swasey married 8) Sarah Hellon Swasey; b. 23 February 1757, D. 25 December 1836 in Somerset, Bristol County, Massachusetts.  I have no information on her parents.  Last year I posted information about 8) Jerathmel HERE.  (which includes several census records.)

There are no tree branches for the rest of the Swasey's wives until I get to my grandmother's own grandfather, 7) George T. Granger (1806 - ?).  His grandfather 9) Samuel Granger (1701-1739) married 9) Martha Marston (b, 23 Jan 1694 in Andover, Essex, Massachusetts, d. 19 Mar 1753 in Andover, Essex, Massachusetts).  

Taking 9) Samuel Granger's line first, his father, 10) John Granger (1654-1723) has a birth listed, but no mother.  His father is quite possibly 11) Lancelott Granger who lived in Andover MA when his son was born, and nothing else is recorded about him that Ancestry has found (yet.)

But 10) John Granger's wife 10) Martha Poor Granger (1654-1723) has another long branch or two to follow.

Her father 11) Daniel Poor Jr. (1623-1689)  was a barber who has a biography including when he immigrated to the American colonies of Massachusetts from Marborough, England.  And 10) Martha Poor Granger's mother was 11) Mary Farnham Poor (1628-1713) who had been born in Rochester, England.

Her mother was 12) Alice Farnham Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...