Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Before last Friday's snow on Mt. Mitchell

I was up at Mt. Mitchell on Wednesday last week, then a cold spell flew over, and the State Park was closed on Friday due to snow!  The Blue Ridge Parkway was still open, according to reports.


Here are some little delicacies which I hope made it through Blackberry Winter, or perhaps for them it was just Dogwood Winter since some dogwoods were still in bloom at those elevations!



A white trillium near Craggy Gardens picnic area turnoff the Blue Ridge Parkway

I don't always know the names of wildflowers, so I hope you enjoy looking at them, and might tell me what they are if you feel like commenting!

Yellow violet?




Red trillium!


Entrance to path through Rhododenron forest above Craggy Gap

Yep, I know those little yellow guys in green lawn...Dandelions!

Today's quote:


“People seem not to see that their opinion is a confession of their character.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, Poet / Transcendentalist.

1 comment:

  1. It's been such strange weather! Nearly 90 for a few days and then almost cold enough to turn the heat on for a bit. Thank you for taking us on a walk through the wild flowers. I am no help in identifying them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...