Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, April 14, 2017

Riverside

High waters on the French Broad as it travels north from Asheville to Marshall, NC.

To be expected after a few days of rainstorms in the area.

I stop at Willow Island park, where two cyclists are already taking a break. I wonder if they're going down river or up, but don't ask.


The river flows from left to right as I travel back to Asheville...so I see it constantly along this nice old Highway 251. It has almost no passing lanes, so I'm aware I'm only doing 40 mph in a 45 zone...but the hurrying people behind me seem to turn off to their destinations after a while, so I feel ok taking my time.


Overleaning trees actually are a bit dangerous as I get near them.


The double-trunk pair has begun to fall against its neighbor, right where I was planning to walk between them.  I quickly decided to go on the other side, though it will probably not be until the next storm that they actually come down.



It's barely noticeable with the cloudy day, but the greening of the mountains is beginning to happen.

 Some of these redbuds may have been planted by the road, but others are off in the woods as well.

The railroad tracks accompany the river and the road, the route that many have traveled since the Native Americans never dreamed of trains or cars going past.


Today's Quote:

A balanced lifestyle is simply a state of being in which one has time and energy for obligations and pleasures. Madisyn Taylor, Daily Om

1 comment:

  1. Barbara -- Your piece titled Riverside is excellent. You have many photos of the raging water and "flood stage" river which gives me a perspective of the deluge of water that your area has been experiencing. I have traveled to many states this year -- blogging, for me, is on on the back burner right now -- hoping to get back to blogging in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...