Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Flat Creek in the snow

Footbridge is covered with snow in waking area.  I like to stop and look upstream and down.


Downstream to the ford where trucks cross (the snowy rocks show the shallow place)

Upstream with shadow of the bridge railing cast in the foreground

The garden path goes along the steam, and a gravel road exists for the maintenance trucks for Montreat NC.  It looks like some have been out already, probably plowing and salting some of the roads after Saturday's snowfall.  Picture taken Sunday, Jan 8, 2017.

Yep, I was walking the trail in my snow boots!

The limp Rhododendron leaves (foreground) in 20 degrees will survive and thrive again in the spring.

Most of these marks in the snow are from clumps falling off branches above.


People and dogs have walked here before me.

I loved the bright blue sky that just yesterday had brought all this whiteness, and cold!

Today's Quote:


Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Carl Sagan


1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful captures! I'm having to forgo walking in the winter wonderland just now, drat it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...