Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Happy Winter Solstice

We pagan oriented folks, who follow the seasons of the earth as it changes, celebrate some old holidays. The Winter Solstice is a great one.



As the longest night of the year reminds us to be comfortable inside, to be in tune with our own inner beings, I love to think about my dreams. I used to keep a dream journal. No longer. But it's fun to wake up in the morning and remember them.

My friends talk about going "inside ourselves." Listening to what is real, what has been hiding in the dark perhaps.  I've been so busy, have I forgotten to find what is most important to me?

It's certainly not politics, though they will influence my life.  It's not the numbers that affect my life one way or another.  It's not the disagreements I may have with friends or family.  It's not what I wear, eat or drive down the highway.  These are the things of daylight.

At night, when it's me myself and I...then I need to tune into myself.  I used to say my Elf. It's just like that.  An elfish part of me, a child inside, or perhaps the grandmother from my ancestors is talking to me.  Who knows? I just need to pay attention to her now.  Why not, it's the dark that gives me this opportunity.


Quote for today:


To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion....In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.
William Henry Channing



2 comments:

  1. A very happy Solstice to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From dark and solitude comes Light! A Blessed Solstice to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...