Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

It's a plane!

Hazy air quality has made it hard to capture distance foliage color...but here's what I could see last week from the lake (Lake Tomahawk.)

Then I heard the distinctive noise of propellers.  Yep, right through those red leaves, coming my way.
So since I had the camera phone pointed that direction, I got lots of shots of a 4 engine airplane.  I once flew on DC-6's, and it could have been one, but I think the wing configuration is different.  Do you know?








So I'm sure someone who knows the old planes will be able to tell me what it was.
Why it flew over Black Mountain NC, is the mystery!  But I'd rather see it than a drone!

Thanks to Suzi...here's a web photo of the C130j Hercules by Lockheed.  Yep, she was probably right!
... Militare (Italian Air Force) Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 Hercules II

Today's Quote:


The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too.
W.H. Murray, "The Scottish Himalayan Expedition

2 comments:

  1. It's possibly a C130 Hercules made by Lockheed. No I am not a plane buff. C130's used to fly over fairly frequently when the Air National Guard was located near by.

    What a spectacular fall you are having.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...