Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, October 23, 2016

More sites along the Parkway

I didn't take half as many photos as I'd have liked...last week.  Now we've had a rain, and lots of wind, so I imagine the trees look a bit different.

We found Julian Price Lake, which Helen said was a great spot.

And we visited the Moses Cone Folk Arts Center, in an old house built in Southern Plantation Style.



Huge home built on the money of the cotton and textile industry which included denim production, (blue jeans anyone?)  It's now a store for the Southern Highlands Craft Guild.

And we passed by a Woolly Worm caterpillar.  They are used to predict the winter severity around here.  I don't really know how.  There's a Woolly Worm Festival near here.

The Woolly Bear caterpillar has 13 brown and black segments, which ... correspond to the 13 weeks of winter. The lighter brown a segment is, the milder that week of winter will be. The darker black a segment is, the colder and snowier the corresponding week will be.
And for you trivia lovers.  What kind of moth or butterfly does the Woolly Worm turn into? A tiger moth!

I do know my iPhone suddenly had a dead battery, so there were no more photos for the trip.  I later found out that the cell data was being drained like crazy by various aps that were turned on...so the whole family is out of data already for the last week of our billing period.  Drat it all. I knew how to turn that off, but then the little thing was updated, and it went back on again.  Not going to allow it to update again!

Today's Quote:


What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
Joseph Addison
 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...