Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Another flowery vase

The difference from the blue and white vase which I posted a few days ago is that this one is on stoneware clay. It has all those little speckles in it, which show through the same glazes.

I'm enjoying trying some new combinations...this is the blue and white.
Reposted with a bit better picture!

Both the top and bottom are dipped in Plum glaze. It looks very different when it's over the white and when it's just directly on the clay by itself (at the base.)

Today's Quote:


"I feel that art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos. A stillness which characterizes prayer, too, and the eye of the storm. I think that art has something to do with an arrest of attention in the midst of distraction."  Saul Bellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...