Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, November 5, 2015

New color combo

New for me, anyway...a combination of turquoise satin liner on bowls and cups.


Then Matt Black exterior.  But the edges were dipped in a glaze we call plum.
It's plum lovely the way different colors come out of it.  On the turquoise side...deeper drippy blues.
On the black side, melting purples.


These bowls aren't as deep as some I've made in the past.  But they are heavy duty to keep that soup/stew/pot pie nice and hot till it's all gone.  And just imagine how lovely it will look!


These are easy stacking, easily dishwashed, microwavable, and ok in an oven that isn't too hot when the bowl is placed in it and the contents aren't cold. 

Special price too, and I'll probably be taking orders...at the Tailgate Market the next 3 Saturdays...last outings!  But there are still 2 more sales (indoors) which I'm scheduling.  Holly Jolly at Black Mountain Center for the Arts 5-8 pm on Fri. Dec. 4. That's upstairs next to the gallery.

And my final sales opportunity for this year is the McDowell County Appalachian Potters Market, at the Marion High School on Sat. Dec. 5, from 10-4.  I know this is a ways out to put on your calendars, but it's the best show, and I'm one of the lucky potters (in a booth with Cathy Babula).

5 comments:

  1. You have come up with a gorgeous glaze combo. My first thought was blue skies over dark mountains.
    Toes crossed for many sales at Tailgate Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. I especially like the lighter interior. I have some dark blue coffee cups and I have trouble seeing the level of my first morning coffee so having a lighter inside would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have the same situation with coffee cups.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...