Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, November 1, 2015

My life as background to creativity

Good November first...
All Saints day, for those who know saints.  I've learned a few from my Catholic friends.  And researched a few just out of curiosity.

I'm relaxing here with coffee at desk, on laptop with fingers stretching and wiggling again. 
They've been doing other things lately.  Not pottery, alas.

But next week yes!  Christmas is upon us full swing.  So something or another to celebrate that season.

Remember when stores didn't do Christmas till the day after Thanksgiving?  Ha ha.

I've got waaay more pottery than a "hobby potter" should have.  On the other side of that, I've got waaaay more pottery than a "clay artist" should have.  That's what I chose to call myself.  So there's lots of art, artistic things, and not so artistic functional things around my house.  And not all made by yours truly.

This afternoon I'm doing a House Blessing, to officially make this new apartment my own nest.  Some friends will help with an elemental blessing.  I'm looking forward to that.  (So far it's not raining here!)

Blogging has really been fun, my journalling of various experiences.  Should I keep doing this?  I'm kind of making it less about clay work and more my own life these days.  Mmmm...perhaps my own life has become the forefront where it will again settle into the background to creativity.

We shall see.  First see ya in the funny papers...

Quote for today:
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. Carl Jung

3 comments:

  1. the white liner on the pots looks great in contrast to the glazes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if our blogs were only about clay they might get boring! We almost might seem a little one dimensional. Keep on writing, no matter what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara -- this is a great post. Your thoughts about creativity and life run along similar to mine. I have been blogging since 2008 -- my 2008 blog was obliterated thanks to my unskilled knowledge of having a blog -- so I started a complete new one in 2009 of which I have enjoyed immensely. Now sometimes I wonder if I should change how I operate my blog. So we go through thoughts of change and wonder if we really want to change? Reflection is good. We shall see -- First see ya in the funny papers (liked this saying) -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...