Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Teapot Number 3

It started out as number 2, but got shifted to 3rd place when I decided I wanted some of the qualities that number 3 (original number) had for the submission to the gallery.
That is the one you've been seeing for the last week, and will be brought to Black Mountain Center for the Arts on Tues.
This one, now number 3, isn't black.  It isn't cone 6 porcelanous clay (white) but a stoneware.


Yes it has bees on it, and leaves and flowers.  And it's been glazed in my favorite turquoise combination glazes.

Unfortunately the photo has indoor lighting which turns everything slightly yellowed, thus the turquoise is washed down to a grey.

That's ok, cause the yellow flowers turned into just a clear glaze over the clay color, but still have a bit of orange outlines.  The bee looks ok however.  That's me critique-ing my work.  Tell me the right way to spell that word and I'll learn it.

There are also a honey pot and some tea bowls in the same glaze...in case this had become the gallery submission.

OK, I just noticed I could take these pieces out on the front steps and take pictures in natural light, since the sun has almost gone behind the trees already.  So now you can see more of the true color.


These are obviously less than professional level photos.  But that's mainly because the glaze is so shiny.  I'd need to use reflectors and have a good photo cube set up if I were going to give you better photos.  This is as good as it will be this time however.  I like the green and speckled glaze still, and it's much prettier in person!

Today's Quote:


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

6 comments:

  1. These came out super, I need to get my photo set up with better lighting, one of these days I hope to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how beautiful colors are masked by the wrong lighting!

      Delete
  2. What a difference light can make! Do they look that different in real light?
    Whatever, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a big difference...photos done with an iPhone, so there's no real settings I could change.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michele, a dip into glossy green glaze, then a dip into satin white is what gives it all that wonderful movement and variation.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...