Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Potters of Madison County

And other areas...like Virginia, and New York?

New York


New York

Fellow blogger, Dan Finnegan was there (Virginia)

Dan's birds

Dan and his pots

This is only the 5th annual show, and the 2nd one I've attended.



Becky Lloyd
Steve and Becky Lloyd's gorgeous Sgraffito was on display again, though without Steve now.
He died shortly after the show here last year.


An old gymnasium on an island in Marshall, NC hosts this lovely immersion of good pottery.  It seemed to be a room full of beautiful pots and beautiful potters!



I succumbed to the cat on a mug painted by Charlie Tefft of Summerfield using mason stains, then sprayed glaze which looks salt fired


Charlie



Ms Bringle saw me snapping her, as well as (not hers) lovely pottery


The potters work was all fabricated in the best of designs

Part of my joy as a "hobby-potter-not-production-but-studio-potter-is-ok" was talking with these artists and having them answer "how they did that."  Amazing!

I'm going ahead and posting this Easter Sunday, because waiting till Monday would mean some of you will miss reading/seeing this.

6 comments:

  1. My tummy's full of Easter brunch, pancakes and sausage with coffee in my new Charlie Tefft mug (I note that I had his name wrong an hour ago here, and have corrected my error...hope not many people saw it). Happy Easter, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Barbara. I'd love to see a picture of your Charlie Tefft mug...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I wasn't there to meet you face to face. It looks like you got a few of my classmates from Cynthia Bringles class in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great show. Isn't that old school a wonderful place for artists?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...