Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What does yoga have to do with pottery?

No I can't do most of what these women can do in Yoga.  But I absolutely love the message.
And my inner me is saying YES.

So check out parts of this long video if you want to see a woman's yoga, with Angela Farmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6QtP3vRSupM#t=99

There's no reason the same body awareness shouldn't be used while performing pot throwing or sculpting, now is there?






My yoga teachers will all agree that I try, I enjoy and I stop when it hurts somewhere in my mostly sedentary body these days.

I am glad to have seen this video, and been inspired to move the way Ms.Farmer promotes, from within.  I am also glad that I didn't hear about her a month ago, because one of her workshops was right here in Asheville Sept. 15.  And I would have not missed it for anything, though I'd have been in the back barely moving...but learning so much.

2 comments:

  1. I know, you want to stretch it because use it or lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By doing yoga you'll most likely start to notice that you can do a little more yoga and other things. Keep moving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...