Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dormouse Teapot


Here's a teapot which holds 4-1/2 cups of liquid, and a mouse on top who is very sleepy.  Check out his effort to keep one eye open.


I actually pulled this handle, and did all the traditional things for a lid which is seated well inside the top so the little mouse won't fall when you're pouring your tea.




It has imperfections.  I've decided to like them.

Glaze is white satin inside, and Mexico outside.

I've added the link to Mud Colony Blog so go see what others have been posting too!

13 comments:

  1. All I see is beauty and whimsy, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are now hired as part of my marketing team. (the pay is lots of gratitude). Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I love everything about it. Very pretty glaze. Do you have large buckets of glaze at your studio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have about 11 glazes, in 5 gal buckets. This community studio is really well stocked. Unfortunately I couldn't get the teapot into one, without the Mexico going on the inside. So I poured that glaze over it, which is why there are some thin spots that were on the upside down side. The interior glaze was first poured inside.

      Delete
  3. WOW. You know the work I like to make, and this is absolutely the coolest thing I have seen you make...since the cat mug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I drool over your animals, and keep waiting for Spike to appear on a mug...until then I'll do mice and cats...er cats and mice.

      Delete
  4. That is a truly enchanting teapot! Little mouse is the cutest :)

    Lovin' that glaze. And imperfect is better - wabi-sabi and loads of character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara that teapot is just adorable. I can imagine pouring tea from that lovely pot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've poured some water to test the spout, and it works beautifully. I do hope someone will purchase it and it can go home to their house for real tea parties!

      Delete
  6. You say imperfection, but what I see is a perfect tea pot! :) And I LOVE the mouse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I think I may have to make a few more mice!

      Delete
  7. RB says: Oh, I'm so glad I checked back in. I've been waiting with bated breath to see your dormouse teapot. It's wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mouse - no doubt, it shows your personality:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...