Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mad Hatter and Dormouse



I've been working on a teapot today.  The Dormouse is on it.  That was the last touch, putting a little mouse on the lid.  I hope that he makes it...though there are a couple of weak places.  I may add a little support there, somehow or another. 

And he has no clothes on at this point either.  Just his tail, tucked under his front leg while he has the other front leg holding his head up...as he's lying on his side.  He's rather fat, so is just a big blob with a pointed head and ears.  Will do the eyes tomorrow, cause I want one of them to look closed, as if he's having trouble staying awake.

This teapot is for the "Tea Party" at BMCA for our Christmas show.  I've already made a Mad Hatter.  He's not a teapot.  He's just a rather large and silly figure.  He needed a dormouse too, however.
 


Wholeheartedness is a precious gift, but no one can actually give it to you. You have to find the path that has heart and then walk it impeccably....It's like someone laughing in your ear, challenging you to figure out what to do when you don't know what to do. It humbles you. It opens your heart.

Pema Chödrön
The Wisdom of No Escape



 

3 comments:

  1. oh, no photo of your teapot! can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK< I've got it at a stage to take to the BMCA studio now. Will take the camera too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...