Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, July 27, 2012

Tailgate Market July 28

I decided I'd pack up a new set of pots for this week.


Every week if I take different things, maybe I'll sell some that nobody had seen before.

At least I'll be able to talk about new/different things.


But there aren't that many people who see them, so I know this is all wishful thinking.



If wishes were horses...



I have to think hard what I want to pack up.




Last week I sold a pot that had been pit-fired.  So I'm taking another one this week.
What can fit in the bin and be safe?  And will I have to pack them all up and bring them home at the end of the market?  Yes, all the above pots, and a few more that were small, did fit in the bin this week.


I haven't been doing craft fairs for the last couple of decades, while I was working one of those 8-5 jobs.  I dearly love to visit them, and usually come home with ...what else, a pot.  I have always believed in supporting what I admire, so the art of pottery will continue.  Though, come to think of it, I think I'm doing more than my share these days!


The quote of the day...
It is true that we are called to create a better world. But we are first of all called to a more immediate and exalted task: that of creating our own lives.  Thomas Merton  Love and Living
Thanks for reading my blog, and for all your comments.

5 comments:

  1. It's so hard to think about what pots go to a show and what pots stay home. Thinking about which ones will survive the trip is always a smart idea. Good luck at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like that tile and the curved landscape looking vase very cool and your flower votives or mini bird baths? A while ago I was making floral bowls but drifted into other work. I should think folks would love these pieces as they are all unique. Good luck at the show; my farmer's market is next Friday and then Saturday we might have a yard sale depending upon the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pieces Barb! I especially love the little votive holders...the flowery ones! I was told to make what I love and not necessarily what I think people will love! Keep on potting and remember it only takes one person to love a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you do such awesome work!! These all look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...