Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, May 21, 2012

Canisters with ginger jar lids

Canisters that are at least 30 years old, and still going strong in my kitchen.  Fat one is coffee, and tall one is often whole wheat flour.

Of this set,only the canister is still intact.  Babysitter playing hide and seek with my 3 year old took care of the tea pot, which I repaired and kept for a while.  The plate has finally been cracked, though I only used it as a serving piece.  I  keep brown rice in this 30 year old canister.


I no longer have this raku "vase within vase."   I think I'll make another one, at least the idea is still pretty cool, and next time I will just fire it with regular glaze, rather than wait for a raku firing.




3 comments:

  1. Love the vase within a vase, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces - lovely glazes on all of them. I've never seen a vase in vase before...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...